Do you often drag yourself to perform at your workplace and feel like every day is just the same? Perhaps you feel that everything is way too monotonous and your life is on autopilot. Every now and then you might even feel that your life is not having an important effect and you miss your sense of purpose. Does that sound familiar to you?
Well, every so often all you need are a few inspirational words of wisdom that can give you a new outlook on life. There are lots of words of wisdom out there and a lot of of them are good, however not life altering. Our collection of these 28 most powerful quotes is carefully picked for you; these words of wisdom are truly some of the most potent and wisest quotes written ever.
Here are 28 Most Powerful Quotes Of All Time
- “Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is a fruit of love, the verb.” – Stephen Covey
- “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein
- “In seeking happiness for others, you will find it in yourself.” – Unknown
- Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” – Sigmund Freud
- “Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” – Viktor Frankl
- “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.” – Michel De Montaigne
- “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
- “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- “If you want happiness for an hour – take a nap. If you want happiness for a day – go fishing. If you want happiness for a year – inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a life time – help someone else.” – Chinese proverb
- “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” – Viktor Frankl
- “Challenges is what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
- “Many people are passionate, but because of their limiting beliefs about who they are and what they can do, they never take actions that could make their dream a reality” – Anthony Robins
- “True success is overcoming the fear of being unsuccessful.” – Paul Sweeney
- “The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way we can grow is if we change. The only way we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we are exposed is if we throw ourselves into the open.” – C. Joybell
- “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.” – Stephen Covey
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” – George Bernhard Shaw
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” – Mary Engelbreit
- “I would rather die a meaningful death than to live a meaningless life.” – Corazon Aquino
- “God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
- “Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.” – Henry van Dyke
- “We think sometimes that poverty is only being hungry, naked and homeless. The poverty of being unwanted, unloved and uncared for is the greatest poverty. We must start in our own homes to remedy this kind of poverty.” – Mother Theresa
- “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” – Bil Keane
- “Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.” – Unknown
- “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
- “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
Are you feeling a little inspired and a bit wiser by these Most Powerful Quotes? Splendid!
Although it is common practice for most of us to read such inspiring words and then disregard them the very next day. Therefore, we are giving a challenge to you – read these 28 most powerful quotes of all time all over again and then ask yourself this – what you I do differently in my life from today onwards to feel happier, fulfilled and successful.
It is sure going to take a lot of effort from your side, but in the end you’ll certainly reap the rewards. Compare this to reading a book on weight loss, simply reading the book can’t make you lose weight until you actually get up and work for it!
Do you accept the challenge?