When we were kids we never really thought that the “Amla” (Gooseberry) in our backyard is a superfood. We ate it like an ordinary fruit but little do we realize that Indian Gooseberry has many miraculous qualities.
Amla (India Gooseberry) provides relief from a lot of diseases and is widely used in Ayurvedic treatments. It is rich in Vitamin C, calcium, phosphorous, iron, carotene and best for healing Vitamin B complex. Gooseberries have antioxidant agents which is why they are used in many home remedies.
I remember my mother once suggested to me; you should try Amla Juice for controlling hair fall as it purifies your blood and strengthens your roots. Throughout my childhood, I was advised to eat gooseberries to stay fit and nourished.
If you are still not convinced about the magic of Amla – Here are 10 benefits of Amla, Indian Gooseberry-
• Fight for eyesight – As we spend a lot of our time perusing through our gadgets, our eyes tend to get damaged by it. Drinking Gooseberry juice can help you improve near-sightedness and cataract while reducing intraocular tension.
• Improves your metabolism – It is high in protein and protein is an essential factor for good metabolism.
• Relief from menstrual cramps – Some minerals and vitamins present in Amla can treat menstrual cramps.
• Curb your Diabetes – One of the biggest problems of the century is diabetes and fortunately, Indian gooseberries stimulate the cells and secrete hormone insulin which helps control the bold sugar keeping your body healthy and balanced.
• Fight against infections – It has the antibacterial and astringent quality which protects you from infection and improves your immunity.
• Helpful in relieving diarrhea and dysentery – It has strong cooling and laxative properties; Gooseberry is a useful component in remedies for diarrhoea and dysentery.
• Improves appetite – Consumption of Indian Gooseberry (Amla) with butter and honey before your meal can help you in improving your appetite. It also balances nitrogen level in your body which helps you in balancing your weight in the right proportion.
• It has anti-ageing properties – Due to antioxidant properties; it prevents health-related hyperlipidemia by reducing the number of free radicals in the body.
• It has anti-cancer properties – One of the very impressive qualities Indian gooseberries has its effect on cancer cells and potential to prevent cancer.
• Increases memory and cognitive ability – According to a study 2016, the gooseberry extracts help increasing memory retention and antioxidant level as seen in rats. It also decreases the level of acetylcholinesterase an enzyme associated with Alzheimer’s disease.