Is it possible for us to increase our intelligence?
Before answering that question, let us run you through some facts there are 2 types of Intelligence: crystallized and fluid intelligence. Crystallized intelligence is the information which is stored-up in our brain and how-to knowledge. This type of intelligence grows as we age. Fluid intelligence increases in early adulthood and then it starts to reduce gradually with time. Psychologists have found evidence that this type of intelligence could be improved by mind exercises; we could become more focused, more creative and we’ll be able to solve problems more rapidly. In this article we’ll also advice you about the proper nutrients needed by your brain to increase intelligence.
15 Secrets to Increase IQ
- Be Active – If you are also one of those people, who don’t exercise regularly, now is a good time to begin. Exercise improves overall physical and mental health. A healthy mind lives inside a healthy body.
- Write – Writing a journal is an excellent method to organize thoughts. Writing helps you get a new perspective when have a second look at what you had wrote.
- Meditate – Research proves that meditation makes us smarter. Meditation increases brains ability to make physiological changes, it also helps in increasing gray and white brain matter, and facilitates “whole brain synchronization”.
- Think – Get involved in documentaries, books or even board games that need critical thinking skills. These activities challenge your current theory, which in turn increases your IQ and makes you smarter.
- Read On A Daily Basis – make an effort to read at least 30 minutes every day it would be better if you read something nonfiction. You can even read books that make you smarter; reading increases IQ, keeps us well informed and makes us smarter. Click here to see a list of books that make you smarter.
- Engage in Hobbies – Do the things that you love to do on a regular basis. Be it knitting, bowling or fishing, the more fun you have, the simpler it would be for your brain to absorb new information.
- Try IQ Tests And Mind Games For Adults – If you are trying to find out how to become smarter then you must try some IQ tests, IQ puzzles or mental games which are easily found on the Internet.
You may like to try this Simple IQ Test: Check Your Mental Ability With This Simple IQ Test
- Try to be Creative – Be creative and create something. Whether it is an eBook or planting flowers or building a model car if you use your mind to make something; it’ll help in improving your IQ level.
- Explore Different Cultures – Learn about different cultures their traditions, food and language.
- Play Competitive Mind Games Online – Engage yourself in free mind games which are easily found online. Talking about free mind games for adults, chess is certainly a good example which helps to increase your IQ level. Log on to the Internet and play free mind games with others around the globe. 11. Certain TV Shows Also Help – Studies have discovered that certain TV shows help in improving IQ level. Suggested categories of such shows are shows having overlapping plots, moral uncertainty, and a good number of main characters.
- Social Networking – As per a recent report by Discover Magazine, social networking improves synaptic activities of our brain.
- Video Games – Contrary to the common perception, Video games actually help in increasing our IQ level. It is found that video games enhance logic building abilities, classroom behavior and math abilities.
- Music – Studies show that there’s a connection between music listening and improved memory and IQ. Listening to music also boosts up math and science skills.
- Sleep – An average person needs around 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night. This allows your brain to process everything that happened during the day by strengthening our memories.
10 Foods that Enhance IQ
- Fish Oil – Taking supplements or eating wild salmon consuming fish oil in any which way makes you smarter and increases you IQ. The omega-3 fatty acid present in fish oil is necessary for brain function.
- Vitamin B – Vitamin B improves memory and elevates mood. Turkey, lentils, beans and bananas are all rich in Vitamin B.
- Breakfast – Breakfast is considered as brain food and is the most vital meal of the day. A well-balanced breakfast improves creativity, focus, memory and overall performance.
- Matcha – It is a stone ground form of green tea, and is a superb food to increase IQ.
- Antioxidants – Antioxidants fight free-radicals in your body.
- Ginkgo Biloba – It increases blood flow to the brain and increases short-term memory, reduces demsentia and improves focus.
- Avocado – Avocado has mono-saturated fat which helps to increase blood flow.
- Meat & Fish – Creatine present in lean meat and fish is needed for enhanced memory and improved IQ.
- Vitamin E – It is necessary for brain as it works as an antioxidant.
- Ginseng – It improves memory, mental stimulation and brain function.