“Clothes don’t make a man, but clothes have got many a man a good job.”
—Herbert Harold Vreeland, Academic
I have seen quite a few men in professional lives with no clue with regard to how to dress.
This has to change.
Whether you are a CEO of an MNC or a young entrepreneur trying to make a mark on the corporate landscape the right corporate dressing for men is a key step on the road to becoming a professional.
I am in complete agreement with Herbert Harold Vreeland when he says “Clothing doesn’t make a man.” Nonetheless, the right attire can get a man a chance to cast a great impression that influences others.
Here’s a quick lowdown on the what, why and where of corporate dressing for men:
- Crisp, well fitted, and clean clothes encourage people to take you seriously.
- The business world expects you to dress well. While it’s important to dress appropriately there’s no compulsion to wear business suits to work on a daily basis, if you don’t fancy a suit you can go for a crisp white shirt with a black trouser to pull off a professional look.
You can go for something like this
Buy Here - White Shirt , Black trousers
- Neutral shades like grey, blue, white, black and khaki will never let you down in a corporate setting. Subtle shades look excellent in a workplace. Plain or solid shirts are a big ‘YES’. You can also opt for striped or checked shirts. Avoid red, orange, yellow or any other loud color at the office.
- Polka dots and sequins are a big ‘NO-NO’ in the office.
- While short sleeves can be worn to work, nevertheless their counterpart full sleeves shirts look more professional. When at work never roll up your shirt sleeves.
Buy Here - Full sleeves shirt
- Stay away from baggy trousers as they give a sloppy impression. What you need are flat-front or slim-fit trousers that too in solid shades like blue, black or gray.
- Make sure your clothes are always wrinkle-free, well ironed and spotless.
- Polished shoes in black or brown color are recommended for a workplace setting. Pair them with dark colored. Sports shoes and sneakers are not to be worn – EVER!
- For men with mustaches, an important corporate dressing lesson is to keep it neatly trimmed. Beards must be avoided at the office; a clean shaven look makes you look more professional.
- No gaudy belts or big buckles to the office please! Rather wear a leather belt in a dark shade if possible go for brown or black.
- Your tie must go well with your overall look. Silk ties are a sure thing; also the tip of the tie must meet your belt buckle. Loud colored ties or the ones in jazzy patterns are not recommended.
- Neatly combed, short hair is perfect for a professional look.
- Don’t wear strong perfumes to work; you never know if someone might be allergic.
To sum up
No matter what your field of work is, whether you are working in a field that has a strict dress code or not, your clothes will always tell your story before you get a chance to do so.
So, when it comes to corporate dressing for men, choose wisely, coz you don’t want to tell the wrong story about yourself!
This is a sponsored post. But the opinions expressed here are my own.