Have you ever felt that the mostly the words that come out of your mouth are orders? For instance “Be nice to your baby brother, empty the trash, and don’t jump on the bed!!!” however a big aspect of preventing appalling behavior is to offer encouraging words to reinforce the good behavior whenever you observe it.
In fact, superficial phrases like “good girl,” “smart boy”, “good job” and “you’re the best one in the team!” won’t cut it!
These are not even considered as encouraging words as they tend to focus superficial qualities words of encouragement are supposed to focus on positive internal qualities; they should not put emphasis on outward admiration which does do anything to endorse good behavior in future.
Encouraging words should be focused on the actions, not the person performing the actions.
These inspiring words for positive parenting motivate children from inside to exhibit similar positive conduct in future, and to appreciate things like hard work, teamwork, improvement and determination.
Encouraging words could be something as simple as, “Thank you for your help!” or “You have worked hard on this project!” Below are some more examples of words of encouragement:
- Thank you for helping me!
- You must be proud of yourself!
- Look at your development and improvement!
- Your grades reflect a lot of hard work!
- I appreciate that you cleaned up your room!
- Thanks for helping me set the table, it made a big difference.
- Thanks for being patient with your little sister/brother.
- What do you think about ………..?
- You really seem to enjoy your studies.
- Your efforts paid off!
- That’s a difficult one, but I am sure you’ll figure it out.
- It makes me proud to see how far you’ve come.
- I trust you and your judgment.
- The time and effort you are putting in your homework is paying off.
- I love spending time with you.
- You put a smile on my face with your sweet words!
- This is coming along well!
- You worked it out!
- That’s a really good observation.
- Thanks for your cooperation.
- I can see you have done a really thorough job!
- This is what we call determination!
- I know you really care.
- You make it look really easy!
- I can see you’ve spent a lot of time thinking it through.
- I feel like a team when we work together like this!
The greatest part about using these encouraging words for positive parenting with kids is the joy and happiness you’ll see on their faces.
Words of encouragement like, “Your hard work is paying off!” show that you have noticed their work, and saying, “You’re really smart,” gives them confidence and boosts their self-esteem.
Try some of these encouraging words for positive parenting with your kids, and see the change in their behavior, don’t forget to share your experience in comments.