Mental Health, it’s something that many of us ignore every day. Imagine you work six days a week without rest for more than 20 hours a day, then suddenly, you’ll fall sick. This is your body’s way of telling you that you need to rest. In a similar way, even your brain will tell you that you need to give yourself some relaxation and some love.
Mental health can be quite hard when we live among people who don’t understand that it’s a serious cause. If you’re someone who’s suffering from depression, anxiety, stigma, and other mental health issues, then here are the top 20 quotes on mental health that will lift your spirits. These quotes will help you lift yourself out of the deep abyss you’re in and let you experience joy.
Mental Health Quotes on Depression
Depression is a serious problem that many of us battle with every day. It’s an inner battle deep inside our minds that pulls us down every single day. Here are a few quotes to give you courage and keep you going in the darkest of times.
- No darkness lasts forever. And even there, there are stars -Ursula K. Le Guin
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
- Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting – Napoleon Hill
- The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
- In the middle of winter, I, at last, discovered that there was in me an invincible summer. -Albert Camus
Mental health Quotes on Anxiety
There are times when you feel restless, out of breath, or anxious about certain things. This isn’t you being petty. This isn’t abnormal. Each and every one of us face anxiety when the times are trying. Here are a few quotes to give you strength when you’re worried.
- Go easy on yourself. whatever you do today, let it be enough.
- Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot and you will survive whatever is coming. – Robert Tew
- Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strengths. – Corrie Ten Boom
- Every moment is a fresh beginning. -T.S Eliot
- Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, he turned into a butterfly.
Mental Health Quotes on Self-Care
What happens to your body if you stop eating for more than 2 or three days? You fall sick and you need to energize yourself to work again. Similarly, we all need to give ourselves the care and love we need, mentally. Here are a few quotes to give you insight into more self-care.
- An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.
- The relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have. -Jane Travis
- Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.
- You are not in stagnant waters. You are still moving forward. Every breath you breathe is a sign of your progress and growth. -MHN
- If you get tired, learn to rest not to quit. -Banksy
Mental Health Quotes on Mental Health Awareness
We live in times when most often people don’t even know what mental health is. Mental Health is an important aspect of our lives. It’s a necessary part that keeps us going like the fuel in a car. Here are a few quotes to help bring awareness about Mental Health.
- Your illness does not define you. Your strength and courage do.
- Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them. -Joubert Batha
- What mental health needs are more sunlight, more candour, and more unashamed conversation. -Glenn Close
- It’s okay to not have it figured out yet.
- Not to spoil the ending for you but everything is going to be okay.
Mental Health Quotes on Stigma
On a daily basis, we are often victims of Stigma. It either goes unnoticed or on some days, is quite visible. It can be painful to be the victim of a Stigma. Here are a few mental health quotes to help you fight Stigma.
- I do not empower you. I recognise that you are powerful.
- Take pride in how far you’ve come. Have faith in how far you can go.
- Not all wounds are visible. Walk gently in the lives of others.
- You don’t have to struggle in silence. You can be un-silent. you can live well with a mental health condition as long as you open up to somebody about it. -Demi Lovato
- Just because no one else can heal or do your inner work for you doesn’t mean you can, need or should do it alone. -Lisa Olivera
In the end
These quotes on mental health can help you gain strength, comfort, and face each day with a new outlook on life. Remember that life can get hard, life can be tough, but we have to fight each day to stay happy. If you are currently struggling with your mental health and are in need of support, click here.
Maybe, these quotes are a ray of light in your dark day. Maybe, these quotes can be your wings and give you flight. Maybe, you can share these quotes to help someone smile today.